This year Afrobeats fans have been relishing so much good music back to back and it doesn’t seem like we will be catching a break soon.
These are the top 10 African songs that were added to Spotify Editorial Playlists in the last 7 days.
1. Xola Moya Wam by “Jerusalema” songstress Nomce Zikode: This song is the lead song in her newest project also titled Xola Moya Wam, named after the lead song. She features Master KG who delivers without fail his signature Amapiano flavour.
2. Eru by Olamide: Also known as “Baddo” by his fans delivered yet another Afrobeat party jam that would definitely make you put on your dancing shoes. The content of the P.Prime produced song is centred around how he loves to blow his money on women and turn up relentlessly.
3. Run by Willy Cardiac ft DJ Maphorisa: Fast rising Mzansi rapper joined forces with fellow country man– DJ Maphorisa to create this classic hip-hop tune. Run is the second track off his two track EP titled “Sex and Pearls”.
4. Uleleni by Black Motion featuring Ami Faku: This 3 days old song by Duo Black Motion and songstress Ami Faku is laced with captivating vocals on an upbeat Amapiano Afrobeat instrumental that is both soothing and groovy.
5. Gholahan by Bella Alubo: Bella is an absolute diva with lovely vocals and that is what she proves on Gbolahan. Gbolahan has a chill R’n’b vibe to it and it’s from her forthcoming project titled “Popstar”.
6. Temptation by Tiwa Savage and Sam Smith: Tiwa Savage and Grammy winning singer Sam Smith created this London produced, Afro fusion track. Temptation ushered in Tiwa’s “Celia” album released last month.
7. Wonderful by Burna Boy: Grammy nominee Burna Boy released Wonderful back in June and it served as the single that lead the build up to his “Twice as Tall” album executive produced by Sean Diddy Combs. Wonderful talks about how Africa is home and how exciting it is to return home. Wonderful was produced by Telz, the instrumental is a fast tempo Reggaeton style beat with a Kwaito feel to it.
8. Love in the Morning by Thutmose, Rema and R3HAB: The oldest song on this list but it is still a listener’s delight. This classic Afro beat and Reggaeton sound features Nigerian Star Rema and superstar Dutch Moroccan DJ; R3hab.
9. Baby I’m jealous by Mr Eazi ft King Promise: The Nigerian singer teamed up with King Promise from his emPawa Africa mentorship program to create this chill Afrobeat love song as one of the four tracks on the “One Day You Will Understand” EP released back in June.
10. Lenu Remix by Buju ft BurnaBoy: One of the biggest songs in Nigeria this year recorded primarily in Yoruba and Pidgin English. Lenu is a the type of Afrobeat you can not listen to and decide not to shake your body.
To listen and to also find more information about these African songs click on the next page or follow the Spotify link on top of this post