1. Davido: The Nigerian tops this list with 10 tracks added to 11 playlists. Despite taking a 3months break, two days ago he released “FEM” and went on to break his own record for fastest Nigerian song to hit 1 million views on YouTube. His album “A Good Time” also hit 1 billion streams on all platforms this year.
2. Mr Eazi: The Nigerian singer is next with 7 tracks added to 10 playlists. His “one day you will understand” EP and his newest release with Major Lazer, Nicki Minaj and K4mo titled “Oh My Gawd” have propelled Mr Eazi to new heights this year.
3. BurnaBoy: The African Giant released his 5th studio album this year titled: “Twice as Tall”. The album debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard World Albums chart and songs like “23”, “Way too big” and “Monsters you made” became immediate hits. Burna Boy is arguably Africa’s biggest star so far this year. (And last year)
4. Rema: The AfroFusion and artist seems to have the Afrobeat Midas touch. Yet to release a full length album but every single Rema blesses with his catchy sound seems to become an instant hit. With records like “Beamer”, “Woman”, and “Ginger me”, The Mavin’s signee keeps putting out brilliant Afrobeat sounds. He had
5. Oxlade: Oxlade seems like an underdog in the scene yet he doesn’t fail to deliver music that resonates with listeners. His voice can be soothing and his vibe versatile. With Songs like “Away”, “Kokose” and most recently “DKT” Oxlade is winning the hearts of listeners one song at a time.
6. Tiwa Savage: The Queen herself released her not so anticipated album last month. Despite the low hype that surrounded the release of the Celia album it has been performing well due to the fact that the songs are pretty decent. Tiwa Savage sure knows how to keep the fans entertained. She had 5 tracks added to 7 playlists.
7. Master KG: The South African Amapiano producer has enjoyed an amazing 2020 so far. His song “Jerusalema” is currently the most google searched song in the world since it’s release in 2019 and Master KG has been able to build on that to give us songs like “Qinisela” and his collaboration with Nomcebo Zidoke titled “Xola Moya Wam”. Master KG had 5 tracks added to 7 playlists.
8. Casper Nyovest: One of Africa’s most successful hip-hop artists released an album he calls his best project till date just two days ago. The album is titled “Any Minute Now” his feature with US star Anthony Hamilton seems to have lived up to the hype. Casper had 4 tracks added to 6 playlists.
9. Fireboy DML: Following the release of his second album “Apollo”, Fireboy had 4 songs added to 6 playlists.
10. Nomcebo Zikode: The South African songstress had 4 tracks added to 6 playlists. She released her album “Xola Moya Wam” early this year.
To listen and to also find more information about these African artists click on the next page or follow the Spotify link on top of this post